Monday, November 29, 2010

Change of season, change of wardrobe?

Right after I searched for color inspiration, I also had to rethink my wedding dress. I mean a breezy summer dress won't really fit a wedding in the cooler season, right? While browsing through hundreds of dresses (yes, *hundreds* - I'm embarrassed to admit), I landed on the Allure Bridal website (again!). Man do they have gorgeous dresses! Here are my top 3:

May I present: the gorgeous Allure style no. 8601. I love the straight neckline combined with the romantic lace on this dress, and absolutely love the semi-cathedral train (source).

Allure Couture C150. This dress is breath taking! When I first saw it, my heart stopped beating for just a second! No, seriously! This dress is so incredibly classy and beautiful. (source)

And this my friends, is my ultimate favorite! Allure Couture C155. I love everything about this dress! The lace, all the drama going on on the back and the vintage style (source).

Now here's the deal: first of, there is no Allure retailer in Denmark, so I can't actually get to try these here. I did think about taking a trip to London (you know, for Christmas shopping and all, and a little wedding gown shopping!) since there are several bridal stores that carry Allure dresses. Second of - and most depressing of - I don't really have the figure to go with the cut of the last 2 dresses. *BIG sigh* No matter how much weight I would loose, I would never have the narrow shoulders that make these dresses look so cute. I mean if I were to wear a t-shirt with that cut, I would look like a female Mikkel Kessler (for those of you who don't know him, he is a Danish boxer) and trust me, that wouldn't look cute!

The Allure 8601 (first picture) is still in the run though! I really like it too. I might just revisit my London-trip idea. Maybe run it by the FI first.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment