Sunday, November 28, 2010

Season troubles at the venue

So we just heard back from our venue, and were crushed when they announced that the place is no longer up for rent during the "tennis season", meaning from the 1st of May to the 30th of September, but that we are more than welcome during the rest of the year. GRUMPY FACE. Now what a slap in our wedding's face! Garden party in March anybody? No? November maybe? No? Arrrrgh. Well you see, if we lived somewhere in sunny California, or the Southern hemisphere, it would actually be an option, but here in the North.... not so much!

But hey, as the eternal optimist that I am, I went right back on cyberspace to see what a winter wedding could look like.... and it's not so bad. Our wedding pictures could look something like that:

well except that snow is not guaranteed every year (though there's plenty right now!) (source)

Or really cool like that:

except that there are no mountains in Denmark.... and the insignificant detail that I don't actually snowboard! (source)

Moving on. There are plenty of other good reasons to have a Winter wedding. First of, I won't die of a heat stroke in my 20-layer dress, eh? Then again, I could stay warm AND look stylish in winter dresses. I mean, come on, look at the kind of dresses I could be wearing:
with that great hat that I am dying for to wear some day.... NOT! (source)

Or hey, I could even be Santa's daughter....!!!!
(source

Who makes those kinds of dresses anyway??

No but seriously, we now have 2 options: 1) we are back to square one and need to find another venue, or 2) we change our garden-party style wedding to a spring / autumn / winter wedding.... big decisions ahead!

Happy first advent everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Darned venue :( Where was this, if you don't mind me asking? which other venues do you have in mind?

    If only a snowy landscape like the one we are experiencing now, was guaranteed every year... I looove outdoor winter weddings, and my first thought was to have one... but unfortunately in Denmark we are just way much more likely to end up with grey, very cold, slushy weather = not particularly romantic :( Although I still think a winter wedding is doable, I would embrace what's typically Scandinavian and focus on the positive things, like creating a warm atmosphere with lots and lots of candles (very hyggeligt, no?), perhaps a fireplace (which can be too hot in the summer) - and then consider a snowy blanket a lucky bonus.

    But really, there are so many beautiful weddings at any time of year, it can just be a matter of getting a little creative - in the end you'll have a dreamy day no matter what, trust me on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your sweet comment :) I was a bit bummed out by the venue news (as you could see from my post, ahem) but I do agree with you, winter weddings are beautiful. I got a lot of inspiration from the beautiful winter wedding pictures on your website, especially the latest ones from Paris, sooo romantic!

    Our venue is Hareskov-Værløse tennis klub, a nice and cozy place, with everything we had been looking for in a venue (especially the fact that we can party on into the wee hours of the morning, and we can bring our own chef). We had looked into other venues, but it proved very difficult to find lovely places where you're allowed to bring your own food and are where the party can carry on past 1 or 2 am. We were very fond of "Huset i Magstræde - Salon K" but the total cost unfortunately exceeded our budget. Sooo I think we'll stick with the tennis club and do the Scandinavian hygge :-D

    Thanks so much for stopping by, again ;)

    ReplyDelete