Friday, November 26, 2010

A few more dresses

Here are the beauties from Maggie Sottero and Sottero & Midgley I tried and liked (again, I was unfortunately not allowed to take pictures in the stores, so no funny pictures, sorry!):

Left: Sottero & Midgley's Lansig (source); middle: Maggie Sottero's Paige (source); right: Maggie Sottero's Josie (source) - click on the pictures or the source links to see them bigger :)

And you know what? I was AMAZED by 1. how comfortable these dresses were, and 2. the way they put your curves to your advantage! Seriously, they "shape" the body beautifully! Great dresses! Sadly, some of them are a few seasons old and going out of production, so impossible to order them to size.

Since I found out recently that a lace gown isn't too shabby either, I went online to see some lace gowns by the same brands, and here are a few I will try to find in store:

May I present: JSM1235 (left, source) and Sharon (right, source) by Sottero & Midgley. Aren't they stunning? Click on the source links to get a better view of them!

But I do have 2 teeny tiny issues with those dresses: first of, they are quite pricey here in Europe. The ones I have tried start at $1800, with the most expensive one being $2500 (!!!!). That is slightly out of my price range.... and I have always said that I did not want to spend a fortune on a dress that I won't be able to wear again.. ever! So sad.... because they are SO beautiful! My second issue is that these dresses aren't really suited for a garden party style wedding, eh? Sigh..

Yeah, I will have to go back online and see what I can find. I should probably also look for a dress without so much fabric, because else I would probably die of a heat stroke, and that's not acceptable on my wedding day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dresses! My quest for my wedding dress was quite similar to yours, actually. I ended up with a lace dress from Blue by Enzoani, which I bought at Nicolai's in downtown Copenhagen. My vision for the wedding was something rustic, vintagey and outdoorsy, and I ended up with a lace dress paired with a knitted bolero as I felt it was more appropriate than the ruffly/satin ones. I totally think you should get a lace dress, but then, I am very biased :)

    Also, a tip: don't buy a dress without a discount, because they will give it to you if you ask for it. Also, ask if they can throw in a veil for free. Just make sure to ask while no other customers are around. Also, a couple of bridal shops sell the same brands - once you've found your dress, it's worth while to go visit other stores, as they are more than happy to help you find the same dress in their store and offer it at a better price. (If they don't have it, they'll be happy to order it for you).

    Finding the right dress is such a lovely process, but it can be so daunting - there are just sooo many beautiful dresses! I'm looking forward to hearing what you end up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the tips! I was wondering if one could bargain with the stores, but now I will totally go for it :) And yes, I also think I will go for a lace dress, they are simply elegant. I have also looked at Blue by Enzoani, they make beautiful dresses!
    Love your website BTW :)

    ReplyDelete