Thursday, November 25, 2010

To DIY or not to DIY, that is the question

Since the very beginning of this wedding planning adventure, I have been thinking about all the DIY projects I could take on, especially to save a little $$ here and there. So here's a list of what (I think) will be my DIY wedding projects:

  • The invitations: the whole package, including save the dates, invites, RSVPs, directions, thank you cards, etc. - I actually look forward to this!
  • The flower decorations: this is a major savings point. Flower decorations can be extremely pricey and since I do want lots of them, I'll have to find simple decorations that I can do myself. For the bridal bouquet, I might get some professional help though.
  • Other decorations: like candles, vases, etc. I also plan to sew my own table runners, napkins, etc. I mean, how hard can it be to sew a piece of square cloth?
  • The music: what's wrong with good iPod playlists?

Well.... basically everything! Does that sound crazy? I mean I know it will take some time, but we probably couldn't afford all these things if we had to contract vendors. Which reminds me, I should actually post our budget at some point, shouldn't I? I also have to say that the idea of spending time creating my own decorations, invitation and so forth will give me much more joy and I'll appreciate them a thousand times more.

What DIY projects did you do for your wedding? Did you succeed?


No comments:

Post a Comment