Sunday, December 26, 2010

The handy-woman in me

These last two weeks have been absolutely madness! Among others, I broke my computer's power supply unit. Aaaaghhh! Now now, you say, why don't you simply buy a new one? Well.... that's because I have an old iBook from 2005 (which still works perfectly BTW) and getting a new power supply for such an "old" computer is nearly mission impossible. You see, Apple is not producing the spare parts anymore for computers that OLD.... even though 5 years is not old in my book, but hey, who am I to talk computers.... So I was actually computer-less for a whole week, which has made me aware how addicted I am to it! It's actually quite scary. No internet? No Words? No Excel? OMG! What am I supposed to do now?? I mean really, this was a frightening reveal!

After having searched the web for second hand power supplies for an old iBook for over a week, I gave up. I simply couldn't face spending 8000 DKK on a new computer right now (well ok, I could buy a much cheaper *PC*, but I am a mac-addict and have been using macs for over 5 years now, and I'm NOT going back!). Especially not since mine is working perfectly well, it's just the power supply that needed replacement! So what did I do? I got my FI's toolbox and fixed it! Ha! I will never again dare to leave the power supply hooked to an electricity source while I'm not there, but hey, it works, and I am kind of impressed by myself :) So there y'a go: 8000 DKK saved + 600 DKK saved (which would have been the (insane!) cost of a new power supply). Merry Christmas :)




No comments:

Post a Comment