Monday, December 13, 2010

Dress fever!

So I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that my dress had arrived from the States! So excited! I went to pick it up (and pay the small 25% tax surcharge *sigh* yup that's right, we are living in a high tax country!). The dress was is perfect condition, just as described by the E-Bay seller, and GORGEOUS. Here are a few first pictures:
Without flash so that you get a better idea of the true color (left) and with flash to get the details and bling (right). Sorry about the far-from-perfect shape, but the chapel length train is pinned up to the hanger, which is why the skirt shape is kind of off (personal photo).

Unfortunately, I cannot show you how I look in it becaaaaause.... it was too small!!!! Even though I had double checked the Maggie Sottero size chart with the size charts of cloth brands I usually wear, the gown must be about one size smaller than what I expected. It's not all drama since the corsage back allows a lot of wiggle room for up or down sizing, but I definitely will need to lose one dress size until my wedding day to fit the dress perfectly. Oh well, let's just call it HUGE motivation! I'm psyched :)

Another discovery I made when trying the dress is that it is quite longer than what I expected (ups). I really don't want to get the dress hemmed, so I'll have to work around the length by wearing high heels - and I mean really high heels. Here are a few of the shoes I am considering:

The peep-toes at the right were my initial choice to wear (they are from Nine West), but they "only" have a 12 cm (4 3/4 inch) heel. The strappy ones on the left have a 13 cm (5 inch) heel, but the dress still touched the floor with those. So I will probably wear the black pumps (from Aldo), which have a 14 cm (5 1/2 inch) heel and are perfect for the dress length. Even though I realize that these are pretty high heeled shoes, I must say that I love them because they have a platform below the ball of the foot, making them very comfortable to wear. (personal photo)

Now as you can see, I do not plan on using bridal shoes, but that's because I haven't been able to find any that were pretty AND comfortable. Also, I like the edgy touch that colored shoes add to the white dress. But if course, if I was on a unlimited budget, these would be my first choice by far:

La semelle rouge! (Christian Louboutin)


Have you found your shoes for the big day?

2 comments:

  1. That dress is sooo gorgeous! I always seem to underestimate E-bay, there really are some fantastic things on there!

    Oh, and the shooooooes... not bad at all :) You can never go wrong with sparkly Louboutins, but I do like your other shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by :)
    Yeah, that dress was such a lucky punch! I hadn't actually seen it in person before, but just knew it was the kind of dress I wanted. And sooo lucky for me that I won the bid :))) I couldn't be happier about the dress!
    I'm still a little undecided about the shoes, but they will for sure not be white :)

    ReplyDelete