Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Starting a workout routine....

Like every bride-to-be out there, I too want to look my very best on my wedding day. However, I can't get around the fact that this will not happen *magically* over night (although that would be really really great!). So I need to start a real, serious and consistent workout routine. This sounds pretty straight forward, but you should know that I have never been able to maintain the commitment for over a month so far, sigh. I have started many workout projects back in the days, but dropped them eventually.... because.... I hate exercise! Well, that's not entirely true.... I hate exercising alone and indoors! So every summer, you'll find me run/walking around the park, but as I get to the "running-only-for-the-WHOLE-20-minutes", summer's over and so is my workout routine :-/

So this time, I knew I had to make a promise to myself not to quit after 4 weeks. Therefore, I should probably post my workouts here to keep myself accountable.... So in order to keep myself motivated, I bought some fitness books and dvd's online, so I would have something to follow and switch up my moves. Here are a few of my favorites:

Kim Kardashian's Fit in your jeans by friday. The workout is really great and there are lots of tips for making the exercises harder as you progress (buy it here).

Kathy Kaehler's Celebrity Workouts - despite the colorful and slightly cheezy title, it's actually a really good book, with all the (sound!) basic knowledge one needs on fitness (buy it here).

Self's Trim and tone fast - this is quite boring really, but does contain all the essential toning exercises that you can't ditch on your journey to a fabulous bod (buy it here).

Oh and by the way, while searching for online fitness books, I stumbled upon this one:

Dawn Dais' journey to Marathon final: The non-runner's marathon guide for women: get off your butt and on with your training. So so so hilarious!!!! (buy it here).

The reviews were so great that I got curious and decided to buy it.... and they were SO right! Hilarious! Dawn Dais really made my day (yeah, I read the book in one day, because I just couldn't let go of it!). Has anybody else read it? I really recommend it!

So I will now leave my computer to start my first official "get-into-bride-shape" workout.... I leave now.... right now! Ta da.

No comments:

Post a Comment