Thursday, December 2, 2010

Looky looky what I found!

After having been to most of the bridal shops in the area, I came to the conclusion that there was simply no dress out there for me. Or rather, MY dress is not to be found in Copenhagen. I had made up my mind that a lace dress is what I liked the most and would suit a vintagey style wedding the best. I wasn't happy with any of the lace dresses that I tried in the shops, so I went back online. I researched for several days and really considered a trip to London in my quest of the perfect dress. But as I was planning, it suddenly dawned on me that the costs of all of this would slowly but surely exceed our budget allocated to my attire.

And then it hit me:

E-bay! I always find excellent deals and rare stuff on e-bay, why not my wedding dress? And there is probably one thing you need to know about me: I buy from the internet like, a lot! Everything! My best pairs of shoes, my nicest bling and best outfits are all bought off the net. So why not give it a shot?

After a little bit of searching on E-bay, I found what I was looking for. May I present: Harlow, by Maggie Sottero:
This dress has everything I'm looking for!

  • the beautiful Chantilly lace
  • the corset back, trademark of Maggie Sottero that shapes your body into the best figure ever
  • the empire waste
  • a little beading here and there without going overboard
  • a vintage look (especially in this color, ivory & champagne lace over light gold satin)
  • my favorite detail: tiny polka dots on the tulle onto which the lace is sewn.
Here's the same gown on another model:

Maybe with a slim petticoat for a slightly fuller skirt? (source)


This dress was a sample in a bridal store in the US. The size was perfect for me and the sample is in excellent condition. 
So what did I do? I placed a bid! And I won!!!! Now how excited do you think I am?? VERY! It is being shipped at the moment and I can't wait to get it! Oh and I'm even more excited because I just might have purchased the prefect wedding dress at a fraction of its original price!!!!

Did you ever buy anything really BIG off the internet?


No comments:

Post a Comment