Friday, January 21, 2011

Running late on the STDs

Good morning everyone :) Happy friday!

So today I have 1 mission: mailing our save the date cards! It has been a long road to here.... Let me explain.

Alert, rant post starts here!
Back in December, I found the STD cards I wanted to use (and made all too many STD jokes!) and ordered them from Wedding Paper Divas. They pretty quickly sent me an e-mail that my order was completed and my cards on the way. The bottleneck? The delivery company! They used Fedex to ship the cards, and that wasn't a great choice I must say. I have had so many problems with Fedex at my former workplace because they never delivered the packages to ME - even though my name was all over the packages! So quite a few packages were lost that way. This time, it was no different. My Fedex account soon said that the cards had been delivered to me but, eeeh, nope, I hadn't received anything. When I called them, they said that I had signed for them, so I should have them. That's when I - kind of - exploded: I did NOT sign for anything and I dared them to show me anything I had signed! They said they would investigate my order. Yes, please! It did worry me that *somebody* had signed for my cards, because it meant that they had left Fedex-homeland. On the other side, I thought, well, nobody can use STDs with our names on them, so they should - eventually - put them in our mailbox, right?

But days went by, and nothing. A new Fedex lady called me several times to update me on the tracking process: "status: nothing found yet" :-/ at least she was trying to help me. Finally, after 2 weeks and me having given up on the idea of ever getting my STDs, they mysteriously landed in my mailbox. The cardboard envelop had been badly treated (seriously, it looked like it had been run over by a truck 17 times!) but thanks to Wedding Paper Divas' careful plastic wrapping of the cards and envelops, they were remarkably well. Hallelujah! I then received a "we're so sorry" basket from Fedex....
Rant post ends here.

So now, I'm finalizing the address list and mailing the cards this week-end. I also completely adore these envelop wrap-around labels:

You can download the files for free on The Fuzzy Designer blog, in all the shown colors.


Since I know that I'll incorporate the Damask pattern somehow in our wedding decorations, they make the perfect labels for our STDs and our wedding invitations. 

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment