Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My veil has arrived!

Hey hey! So I just got my veil! Yeah! I ended up ordering it from a Danish textile shop called Silkehuset, because it was waaay cheaper than buying it in a bridal shop, and also, it was made of genuine French lace (don't remember if it is Chantilly or Alençon lace though....) that is beautifully attached to a thick piece of tulle. Since I wanted a cathedral length veil, I ordered 3.5 meters, which seemed perfect considering the length of my dress's train. So here is my veil:

I'm so in love!

And the size of the lace was exactly what I had hoped for: not too big, not too small. I'm so psyched! 8-)

I was told to unfold the veil over something, to avoid wrinkles in the fabric. But it is quite difficult to find a place for 3,5 meters of tulle (!) So far, it's resting on my elliptical, hehe:

No more workouts here, haha!

Now I just need to figure out how I'll wear it :-) and if I need to sew a comb onto it.  

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment