Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Veil update

So it seems that I'm in a "one post a month" kind of rut right now :-/ It certainly wasn't my intention to let a whole month pass by since my last post! Oops.... But here's for some news: I ordered my veil! Like a month ago, and I should received it any day now :-D So excited! It is a 3.5 m long lace-edged (aka. Mantilla) veil. So psyched about it! 8-)

So of course, I searched the web for pictures of a Mantilla veil with an updo hairstyle. Here's a selection of what I found and liked. My favorite way of wearing the veil with an updo, is further back on the head, so I'll show you these pictures first (all professional gown pictures in this post are from La Sposa):

I love everything about this look and how the veil is attached!






Pretty pretty pretty :)

I also love this style, where the large lace boarder is gathered differently at the point of attachment in the hair:



And then there's this possibility, where the veil is gathered big and puffy:





I LOVE the hairstyle in these pictures:




I love the French twist! (Source)

Or wearing the veil lower.

Another way to wear the veil is closer to the face (I like this look most for loose hair):



And finally, here's a very lovely picture with a laid back half updo with a veil attached further back:
I really like this look too :) but would it be too much with the big hair, lace dress and mantilla veil?

So yeah, basically I'm still contemplating the possibilities. Hopefully once I receive my veil, I'll be able to  try out a few option to see what fits my face.... Exciting!

Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete