Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mission weight loss

I thought I should give you a brief update on my weight loss and fitness mission. Since I need to loose a dress size to fit my bridal gown, I'm very motivated I have to admit! As I told you some time ago, I have started a new workout regime in order to tighten up and loose weight. I have been working out 3-5 times a week, trying to burn 500 calories in each session. I usually achieve this by:

Cardio: 
- treadmill: alternating 1 minute of walking with 1 minute of running for 30 minutes (burns 300 calories)
- rowing machine: 10 minutes at fast pace (burns 100 calories)
- crosstrainer: 10 minutes at level 4 (burns 100 calories)

Weight training:
The machines I use vary, but I train my arms especially, my back and my stomach. If there's time, I'll also do leg exercises. (Calories burned: ? I don't know!)

I must admit that I kind of got addicted to running on the treadmill.... It's really strange because I've ALWAYS disliked that.. for obvious reason: 1. it's boring as hell, 2. it's repetitive, and 3. It's sooo boring! But now.... I have no idea what happened to me! Now it's all about running faster and longer.... it's like a small competition going on between me and.. me! But hey I'm not complaining, it's great!

As I told you some time ago, I got addicted to starting my days with a fruit smoothie. And I still am!

Delicious! (source)

I also enjoy adding a hand full of spinach to the smoothie, which makes it even healthier! And now that we're in the middle of orange season, I squeeze a few oranges and add the juice, it's sooo nice!

On the diet front, I already live pretty healthily, with plenty of veggies. I am consciously trying to get more whole grains and legumes in my menus, and avoiding fatty dairy products.

So all in all: I have lost 6 pounds since the beginning of my workout and weight loss endeavors. I'm psyched and simply need to keep it up and it won't be any problem to fit in my gown on my wedding day :)

Any other dieting brides out there? Have you been successful in achieving your weight loss goals up to the big day?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally second your opinion about the treadmill... well, your former opinion, I have yet to come to the realisation of the treadmill being... erm... fun.

    But you're totally motivating me to get started again on my own workout/health regime. I think first step will be one of those delicious fruit smoothies, that part simply can't go wrong :)

    Good luck with your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks :)
    Yep, I have absolutely no idea where my new found running passion came from! It might be my sub-conscience tricking me into working out more, but that's totally ok by me :D
    I do recommend the smoothie anytime though, after having one, I feel healthy all day ;)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete