Thursday, March 17, 2011

From hair to veil

Hello! How's you're day so far? Mine has been great :)

Since my odd dream yesterday, I couldn't stop obsessing thinking about my (wedding) hair.... an hence: the veil. If you have been reading my blog from the beginning, you know that I'm in luuuuve with Mantilla veils. Actually, I was so sure that I would want to wear one, that I ordered one (the real deal, made in France) in a very special color that matched my dress perfectly. Unfortunately, they contacted me a few days later, saying that this particular color had gone out of stock. I was kind of bummed out, and didn't want to order another color because I was unsure how it would fit with the dress (which is ivory, but with a bit of champagne and gold accents, making it almost a (a very light) dusty rose kind of color - very vintage).

Now, a couple of months have passed, and though I still adore Mantilla veils (cathedral length would be my choice), I'm now very unsure if I should wear one. I'm pretty positive that I'll wear a cathedral length veil for the church ceremony, but since my dress is with a lot of lace (here's quick reminder):

(Source: Maggie Sottero)

Would it be lace-overkill??
Now considering the fact that I'll probably wear my hair down, it might get close to this, which I find very elegant and beautiful:

 (Source: Weddingbee)

But I also fell over this pretty picture in the Wedding Bee forums, and I really like the clean and simple look with this simple though long veil:

(Source: Weddingbee)

Oh, what to do? I do recognize myself more in the second picture (style wise), but just can't get passed the beautiful Mantilla....

How did you choose your veil? Hair style? Did choosing it give you as much of a headache consume as much of your thoughts-time?

No comments:

Post a Comment